Meanwhile, the province announced Friday that Toronto, Peel, and North Bay-Parry Sound will remain under its lockdown measures and stay-at-home order until at least March 8.
Health Minister Christine Elliott says it was a hard but necessary decision to keep the areas under tight public health measures.
The Government of Ontario made the announcement on Friday, after Toronto and Peel's top doctors wrote a letter to the Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. David Williams, asking to prolong the orders.
York Region is the only COVID-19 hot spot lifting the stay-at-home order and will move to the red zone of the province's colour-coded reopening framework on February 22.
The government has been moving ahead with its economic reopening despite warnings it could set off a third wave of infections.
"It is critically important that residents continue to stay at home as much as possible and only go out for essential trips", Scarpitti said in a statement. The Province also confirmed 1,456 resolved cases and 29 new cases of the COVID-19 variant that originated in the UK.
Ontario expects to start immunizing people over the age of 80 in early March, after residents, caregivers, and workers at long-term-care homes have received their second doses of either the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.
"I want to assure the people of this great province that we are ready to get vaccines into as many arms as possible, we simply need the supply", said Ford. A customer service desk will be made available to those who are unable to book an appointment through the online tool.
The supply increase will coincide with an expected expansion of Ontario's vaccine rollout to target the 80 and older group, seniors in congregate care, and all Indigenous adults.
Western Quebec's health authority is reporting 19 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, and no more deaths.
The province said 16,967 COVID-19 vaccine doses were administered since the last daily report, for a total of 518,834 doses so far.