Prince Philip hospitalized after feeling unwell

Prince Philip

Prince Philip

Check out what's clicking today in entertainment.

The Duke of Edinburgh has been admitted to hospital after feeling unwell, Buckingham Palace said.

The illness is not COVID-19 related and the stay in hospital is purely precautionary.

The 99-year-old was taken to the private King Edward VII Hospital on Tuesday evening, the palace said, adding that it was "a precautionary measure".

Britain's Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh greets guests at a garden party at Buckingham Palace in London on June 1, 2017.

According to ITV News' Royal Editor Chris Ship, Prince Phillip "illness is not Covid related" and that "he travelled to central London by auto and it was not treated as an emergency admission".

The duke was then driven to Sandringham and spent Christmas with the Queen. "His Royal Highness would like to thank everyone who sent their good wishes", the palace rep stated.

The Queen remains at Windsor Castle in England, the source said.

Concerns for the British royal's health have been raised in recent years.

He was forced to give up driving at the age of 97, after smashing into a vehicle while driving a Land Rover near Sandringham estate in January 2019.

Photos of the scene surfaced showing Prince Philip's black Range Rover overturned. A woman in the other vehicle suffered a broken wrist.

The duke had been feeling unwell for a few days, but it was not related to coronavirus, the source added.

The last time Prince Philip was in hospital was in December 2019.

Latest News