'LOST SOULS': Meghan's father accuses daughter of 'cheapening' UK's royal family

Prince Harry made an emotional Speech last night at a charity dinner

Prince Harry made an emotional Speech last night at a charity dinner

But in the Channel 5 documentary Thomas Markle: My Story, Mr Markle, who believes his daughter will never see him again, admitted he was paid for the photos after he was painted as a "dumb, fat slob" by the media.

Harry framed the decision to leave as his own, made on behalf of Meghan and their young son, Archie.

Thomas took a seat with Channel 5 over a period of 6 days back in October, simply 3 months in advance of Prince Harry as well as Meghan's statement that they would certainly be "stepping back" as elderly participants of the royal family members. He opened his speech noting that many in the audience had watched him grow up and said he wanted them "to hear the truth from me, as much as I can share, not as a prince, or a duke, but as Harry".

Speaking to TMZ, the talk show host said, "I support the 1,000 per cent".

"But I hope that helps you understand what it had to come to, that I would step my family back from all I have ever known, to take a step forward into what I hope can be a more peaceful life".

Back in 2016, Prince Harry attacked the media for subjecting Meghan - then his girlfriend - to a "wave of abuse and harassment".

What even triggered many is that they shared the bombshell news the day before Kate Middleton's birthday.

Earlier this month, Meghan's father stated he became as soon as "upset" by the couple's thought.

She went on to praise Prince Harry's speech on Sunday night at Sentebale charity dinner in which he spoke of his "great sadness" at stepping down from the royal family.

"I will always have the utmost respect for my grandmother, my commander in chief, and I am incredibly grateful to her and the rest of my family, for the support they have shown Meghan and I over the last few months".

'Who are any of us to stand in judgement of that? I can't imagine the rage behind the scenes in Buckingham Palace though, and although the Queen has come out in support of the couple's decision, I remain skeptical that they aren't tired of the public relations nightmare that may ensue. "I'm sure she could do that brilliantly, if anyone could". "They are destroying it, they are cheapening it, they're making it shabby ..."

She added: 'There have been several discussions about it'.

Prince Harry has broken his silence on his break with the royal family, saying there was "no other option" for him and wife Meghan Markle.

According to Page Six, she was the first person the couple spoke to about their departure, but she said that wasn't true.

Meanwhile Gayle spent time with the couple at Frogmore as they awaited the birth of Archie.

Latest News