The woman at the center of sexual assault allegations against Brazil superstar Neymar has been indicted by Sao Paulo police on charges related to falsifying statements regarding to accusations she made against the player in May.
He paid for her trip to France and they had consensual sex before Ms Trindade returned to Brazil and went to a police station to accuse him of attacking her.
"We decided in favour of closing the case because there is insufficient evidence", prosecutor Flavia Merlini said at a news conference.
In Tuesday's announcement, police said they indicted the accuser (N.) for procedural fraud, slanderous denunciation and extortion, while adding that Alves bas been indicted for "disclosing material with erotic content from N.to a reporter".
Neymar denied the allegations from the beginning and said he was being extorted.
Najila Trindade and her former husband, Estivens Alves, have been accused of lying to police and attempting to blackmail the player.
A final decision on whether to prosecute Trindade will be left to a judge.
Neymar released WhatsApp messages he claimed were from Trindade that he said proved that "nothing really happened".
Trindade denied that in her TV interview, saying, "I wouldn't expose myself this way to take money from Neymar".
The scandal blew up on June 2 when Neymar published a seven-minute video on Instagram, where he had first been in contact with Trindade, revealing that he had been accused of rape.
The drama quickly snowballed.
The case complicated an already tumultuous year for the 27-year-old Brazil star, who has yet to play for his club Paris Saint-Germain this season following injury and reports of an aborted return to previous club Barcelona.