Dillian Whyte in drug scandal

Promoter Eddie Hearn responded to the claims by insisting Whyte was cleared to fight by the BBBoC, although he did not deny his boxer has failed a test.

Whyte was previously suspended from competition for two years after testing positive for Methylhexaneamine following his fourth-round knockout of Sandor Balogh on October 13, 2012.

"Further to reports I can confirm that both Dillian Whyte and Oscar Rivas were subject to extensive VADA and UKAD testing for their bout", Hearn wrote. At the very least, however, Whyte's win would have gotten him closer to his goal of a title fight with Wilder. "I get criticised about saying things like "Ima kill you" and mean it but without any substance whatsoever in my body but here you have so many fighters like the likes of Dillian Whyte that flood their body with PED's just to advance to the next level, while committing an attempt to murder".

English boxing star Dillian Whyte has reportedly been tested positive for banned substances, leaving the boxing world in disarray.

UK Anti-Doping (Ukad) told the BBC it would not comment.

WBC champion Deontay Wilder has hit out at heavyweight rival Dillian Whyte after the Brit reportedly failed a drugs test, with the United States fighter citing the tragic recent death of Russian boxer Maxim Dadashev.

"He's been claiming to want to fight me but the Question is if your doping with a non champion just imagine what you will try to use if you had the chance to fight me?"

The organisation said in a statement released on Thursday: "The WBC has not received any notification from anyone about a positive anti-doping test allegedly yielded by Dillian Whyte in connection with last Saturday's fight against Oscar Rivas for the WBC interim heavyweight championship".

The fight went ahead as UK Anti-Doping have not yet learned if Whyte's "B" sample has come tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and they don't have the power to ban fighters until the adjudication process has played out.

"I think yes, if they want we will try and fight for the same title. Nobody from our team was aware of the situation before the fight or after the fight up to this moment".

Rivas's promoter Yvon Michel said on Twitter he had read a report on the Boxing Scene website (www.boxingscene.com) with "great stupefaction".

"No further comment will be made at this time".

Latest News