According to Director of Beneficiaries Affairs at the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission, Mohammad AlWathiq Shaqrah, PUBG has been banned, and plans are underway to ban six more games, including Epic's highly successful Fortnite. As of July 9, the battle royale game was not blocked in the nation (though PUBG was), but the ban is viewed as inevitable. For gaming disorder to be diagnosed, the behaviour pattern must be of sufficient severity to result in significant impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational or other important areas of functioning and would normally have been evident for at least 12 months. As well as PUBG being banned, the TRC also says that they are planning on banning 6 more games and it seems Fortnite is in their scopes. No names of other games have been mentioned at this time. Many countries have banned the game arguing it to be too violent for kids and teenagers which might cause harm to the mentally and sometimes physically.
In coordination with the government, the TRC had earlier made a decision to ban the game for the national interest after it had received many complaints from a large number of citizens and some concerned authorities about the negative impact of this game. He reportedly told Roya in an interview that "Fortnite is one of the games expected to be banned". A World Health Organization advisory group report from 2014 suggested that violent content in "online games may have adverse effects on the behaviour of children, adolescents and adults", but it didn't point to any specific games as examples. But in some, the game is still banned such as in China (mostly because of non-licensing of microtransaction and due availability of state-approved clone version of PUBG by TenCent) and Iran (government claims the game is a national security risk).