'What is clear is that the USA has thrown away a golden opportunity this time, ' she said.
Kim is set to make an official announcement soon on his position on the denuclearization talks with the United States and the North's further actions, it added, citing Choe.
The talks broke down because the USA side was "too busy with pursuing their own political interests and had no honest intention to achieve a result", Choe said in comments carried by Russian state news agency TASS.
The Hanoi summit between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-un wrapped up ahead of schedule and with no deal, let alone a breakthrough that could move negotiations past the deadlock.
Choe, who attended the February 27-28 talks in Hanoi, said Kim was puzzled by what she called the "eccentric" negotiation position of the U.S. She suggested that while Trump was more willing to talk, an atmosphere of hostility and mistrust was created by the uncompromising demands of Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and National Security Adviser John Bolton. An official statement on the issue will come soon.
Pyongyang has long sought a summit with the U.S.to reflect what the regime sees as its status as a regional military power.
Trump himself confirmed the meeting in a tweet, adding that USA sanctions would remain in place until a denuclearisation deal was achieved.
"What is clear is that the USA has thrown away a golden opportunity this time", she said. "It is likely to gauge the US reaction in the days ahead before making a decision to launch a rocket", he said.
John Bolton, President Donald Trump's national security adviser, says North Korea's allegations that he and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo created an atmosphere of hostility and mistrust at last month's nuclear summit in Hanoi are "inaccurate".
Choe criticized Trump for claiming at a news conference after the talks fell through that Pyongyang wanted all sanctions to be lifted - a claim that the US State Department later admitted was not accurate.
He added: "Diplomacy is still very much alive".
In response, Seoul's presidential office said that the South Korean government will continue the efforts to faciliate dialogue between U.S. and North Korea under any circumstances.
Bolton, who has argued for a tough approach to North Korea, said last week that Trump was open to more talks but also warned of tougher sanctions if the North did not denuclearize.
Stephen Beigun, the United States special representative for North Korea, said he expects talks and close engagement to continue.
The spokeswoman said the ministry had not confirmed why the North Korean officials decided not to attend.
South Korean and Japanese defense-related shares surged following the reports.