"We express our condolences to the government and the people of Iran and the families of the victims of this attack", the Ministry of External Affairs said.
TEHRAN: bomb attack on a police command post killed at least three people in the port city of Chabahar in southeastern region of Iran on Thursday, state media reported.
"The attacker set off the bomb as soon as he stopped outside Chabahar's police headquarters", Bamari said.
Mohammad Hadi Marashi, the deputy governor in charge of security, said the assailants tried to enter the city's police headquarters but "they were prevented by the guards and they detonated the auto bomb".
Chabahar lies in Sistan-Balochistan province which has always been a flashpoint.
State TV also aired footage of smoke rising over the city.
Last year, in the first deadly assault claimed by Islamic State in Tehran, 18 people were killed at the parliament and mausoleum of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, founder of the Islamic Republic.
No militant group immediately claimed responsibility.
The attack comes as Iran's economy reels in the wake of the United States re-imposing sanctions lifted by Tehran's nuclear deal with world powers.
In September, gunmen disguised as soldiers opened fire on a military parade in Ahvaz, killing and wounding dozens.
Iran also says that militant groups are sheltering across the border in Pakistan and has threatened to attack their bases if Islamabad does not confront them.
Chabahar lies some 100 kilometres (60 miles) west of the Pakistan border and is home to a large, mainly Sunni Muslim ethnic Baluchi community which straddles the two countries.