Washington D.C. [USA] Nov 8 (ANI): Singer-songwriter Michael Buble is all set to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on November 16, 2018.
Los Angeles police Lt. Karen Leong told the Los Angeles Times that after Clay smashed Trump's star, he "called police and advised he had vandalized Donald Trump's star and basically called on himself and said, 'See you soon'". Instead, in addition to Clay's relatively short incarceration period, he was ordered to attend psychological counseling and pay a fine of $9,404.46 to the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, according to The Hollywood Reporter. He must also perform community service. He will release his 10th studio album, Love, the same day as his Walk of Fame ceremony.
"On July 25, Clay used a pickaxe to smash the star located on Hollywood Boulevard", the office wrote, adding that he surrendered to authorities the next day. NBC 4 reported that, in February 2017, James Otis pleaded no contest to felony vandalism in that case.
In a video taken of Otis - in which he's dressed as a construction worker destroying the star - he says he was doing it because he was "terribly upset" that Trump was a "poster child for sexual violence". During Trump's presidential campaign, his star was spray-painted and surrounded by a 6-inch wall - a dig at his proposal to build a wall at the Mexico border - and smashed with both a sledgehammer and, yep, a pickax. The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has condemned the vandalism, but so far refused to remove stars from the walk, saying that regardless of who they represent, they are a part of the history of the area.
In August, West Hollywood city council unanimously approved a motion calling for the removal of Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. They resolved to send a letter to other local government bodies seeking support.