Sunglasses and chocolates: Eight boys rescued from Thai cave recovering

Fifth boy brought out of Thai cave on second day of rescue says official

Ambulance Leaves Thai Cave on 2nd Day of Rescue Operation

Two more members of the Thai soccer team trapped in a cave have reportedly been pulled out. One diver, a retired Thai Navy SEAL named Saman Kunan, died in the rescue effort last week.

After more than two weeks all 12 boys and their coach, stuck in the flooded Tham Luang Cave have been rescued by the Thai navy seal team.

The latest rescue operation began at about 10.08am local time (1.08pm AEST).

The operation began just after 10am on Tuesday as the first eight boys, freed in operations on Sunday and Monday, recuperated at a hospital in the nearest city, Chiang Rai. Another two more boys left the cave complex a short time later followed by the fourth boy.

The final four and their coach are expected to be rescued later Tuesday after 17 nights inside the cave system.

Narongsak Osottanakorn followed a similar protocol on day one and day two of the rescue, withholding confirmation until the mission for the day had ended.

Rescuers have resumed a rescue operation for a third day to free four remaining boys and their soccer coach trapped in a cave in northern Thailand.

A tenth boy has emerged from deep within a cave complex in northern Thailand, the second to be rescued on the third day of a huge global operation to save the boys and their coach.

Since the operation started, the area outside the cave's entrance has filled with media, volunteers and onlookers.

This means that a total of eleven boys are now out of the caves, and on their way for hospital observation via helicopter.

Rescue officials were hopeful that the final four boys and their coach would be rescued Tuesday.

The perilous rescues have involved two divers accompanying each of the boys, all of whom have been learning to dive only since July 2, when searchers found them.

The team of 12 boys and their coach entered the cave system on June 23, when torrential rain caused the water level within the cave to rise rapidly, forcing them to venture deeper.

The three Navy seals and a doctor who accompanied the boys in the cave complex are still inside. After they were found on July 2, officials cautioned it could take some time to get them out, but with heavy rain forecast to hit the region authorities made a decision to act.

The first group saw their parents and close family on Monday night, though through glass as they remained under quarantine, and the second group was scheduled to do so on Tuesday evening.

He added that all four boys from the first rescued group could now eat normal foods, though nothing spicy.

"They are diving in something considered (an) extremely hazardous environment in zero visibility, the only light that is in there is the torch light we bring our self". No boys would be discharged for at least seven days.

"Doctors have treated the boys and now all of them are OK and cheerful".

Thai army soldiers return from Tham Luang cave on day three of the rescue operation. The first rescue on Tuesday took about five-and-a-half hours.

Latest News