Swatting suspect now being held in Wichita

Tyler Barriss makes his first court appearance via video from jail before Sedgwick County District Court judge Faith Maughan on Friday Jan. 12 2018. Barriss is charged with involuntary manslaughter in the fatal Wichita swatting case

Call of Duty: WW2 “The Resistance” DLC Coming in Early 2018

The man accused of "swatting" a Wichita, Kansas, home - resulting in the shooting death of a 28-year-old father of two on December 28 - has been charged with involuntary manslaughter, reporting a false alarm and interference with a law enforcement officer, according to The Wichita Eagle.

25-year-old Tyler Barriss was booked into jail in Wichita on Thursday on charges including suspicion of involuntary manslaughter. His bond is set at $500,000.

Tyler Barriss is read his official charges including involuntary manslaughter. Barriss has also been accused of making a false alarm, a felony.

For those unaware, "swatting" is when someone calls in a false police report that results in SWAT swarming in for an arrest, and Barriss has already faced prison time once before back in 2016. Responding officers fatally shot a man at the home.

Police have said they believed Finch was armed when he moved his hands toward his waistband and then motioned toward officers. Bariss is the one who allegedly made the phone call to the Wichita police. Finch appears to have no connection to the game or the dispute arising from it.

At the tail end of 2017, we reported on the disastrous news of an innocent man being shot and killed after getting inadvertently tied to a swatting "prank" gone horribly wrong following an online Call of Duty match.

"Swatting" is the term used when someone calls police with a false report of an ongoing crime.

Bennett could not immediately say why Finch's address became the target of the hoax call. The woman involved in the Calgary incident reportedly told police that Barriss targeted her because of her online presence, according to Rolling Stone.

The Kansas City Police Department received a 9-1-1 call alleging that a family was being held hostage after the father had been killed by an intruder. Officers said they believed he was reaching for a weapon, and fired, killing him.

Latest News