UFC's Conor McGregor causes scene at boxing event in NY

UFC's Conor McGregor causes scene at boxing event in NY

UFC's Conor McGregor causes scene at boxing event in NY

The boxer Mayweather is just a legend, he is an undefeated 49-0 fighter who announced that he was coming out of retirement to fight Conor McGregor.

"I'm ready to box".

"Obviously Conor is stepping into his world and Floyd has been top of the boxing game for years".

Look me in the eyes, 28 years of age, confident as a motherfucker long, rangy, risky with every hand.

"I've tried to talk to Floyd". Later, however, he had some calmer, although no less bold, words for L.A. Times reporter Lance Pugmire, going so far as to give him a target date for the fight. Look me in the eyes.

It was a major change of course by UFC president Dana White, who has been quick to shoot down all speculation the fight could happen in the past.

American Tim Ibarra was stopped less than a minute into the third round of the six-round junior featherweight bout, unable to cope with a barrage of punches from the 25-year-old 2012 Olympic bronze medallist.

McGregor will be going straight in at the deep end for what effectively will be his pro debut against the best fighter of the last generation in the now unretired "Money" Mayweather.

McGregor, who is said to have been in initial talks to fight Floyd Mayweather, had initially deferred the spotlight to his friend.

"Like many of my combat-sports-writing colleagues, I am in NY to cover Saturday night's big Gennady Golovkin-Daniel Jacobs fight at Madison Square Garden". "I was relaxed coming to the ring but then you want to impress and perform". You'll hear about it.

The UFC icon has been stung by criticism of his proposed fight with five-division champion Mayweather. Could Kovalev have been giving McGregor tactical tips for a fight against "Money" or passing a message from Russian UFC fighter and #1 title contender Khabib "The Eagle" Nurmagomedov?

"If this was a mixed martial arts fight, it wouldn't last 30 seconds", White said.

"When I faced Arturo Gatti, I went to his turf".

Floyd Mayweather has all-but confirmed his showdown with Conor McGregor is set for Las Vegas on June 10.

Latest News